Thursday, March 19, 2009

New Calf LUCKY

This is the new Calf that was born yesterday. There is a little story behind this calf. My grandpa brought her to me on Saturday and said that he doesn't deal with teenage pregnancies. So me being the lucky one, i inherit these cows until they calve out. I thought that by the way she looked we would still have a month. Ryan noticed that she was just laying out there, so i went out to see. And sure enough she was laboring. I had to leave for about an hour to help with Kenadees achievement day. When it was about time for me to come home Ryan called and asked me if i was about done. I said i was just leaving. He told me that he needed my help pulling the calf. I was shocked and a little nervous. I have never seen a calf pulled. So this was all new for me. So a neighbor of ours came over to see a calf born(he is from Arizona, and has never been in the country life before) and ended up helping pull the calf. It started with him and Ryan pulling then Greg (neighbor) and I pulling. I felt so bad for the mom cow she bellard like nothing i had ever heard. She just laid there. Ryan went and borrow a calf puller from another neighbor, and with in seconds the calf was out. For how small the mom was the calf was very good sized. The mom is very sore, and it looks horrible if you ask me. The mom doesn't move to fast today but the mom and calf are good. We name the calf Lucky

2 comments:

*. Th3 BoW3n FamiLy.* said...

this is why you dont have babies till your of age and your married...lol its not a good thiing when you have 2 men and a lady tuggin on your baby to get it out, I am sure glad that our babies we have dont have 4 feet like rocks!!! YAY FOR LUCKY!!!
Congrats Val yet again you are there for another labor and delivery!!!

Hannah said...

Congrats on the new addition! Sounds like Lucky is a pretty appropriate name for the little thing.