Monday, March 30, 2009

My pet Calf

Our new calf Lucky is now an orphan. Her mom died Wednesday from complications to the delivery. So i guess she needed a new mom and i think that she has picked me. I went out this morning to bottle feed her and she came running up to me like a lost puppy. She has figured out how to get out of the corral. So It was kinda funny. Then when i got done feeding her i tried to get her to go back into the corral. That was a no go. She followed me all the way back to the house. Emalee and Jaren were standing on the deck watching so i walked up there and she of course followed. She will let the kids pet her if they don't startle her. Now she just wonders around the yard like one of the dogs. She even comes up to the back door and moos for us to come out. I think we started something????HMMMM How do we stop this one!!!! I finally stopped and gave her a little attention. Plus i think she still wanted the bottle.
Emalee not so sure of her up on the deck. I never thought that i would have a pet Calf.




4 comments:

JC Photography said...

Okay - that is hilarious!!! I'm laughing like crazy, how funny. That calf is going to have an identity crisis later in life!!! Heehhehehe!

Annie Allen said...

How sad to be an orphan. It's pretty funny that you've been adopted! I gotta say though my favorite part of this all is your outfit in the pictures! =) You're looking pretty dang hot!!! Maybe your huge dog will take the calf in on your behalf?!

Hannah said...

How cute is that?! I just have to say, love the outfit!!! That's hilarious!

*. Th3 BoW3n FamiLy.* said...

i THink this is SO CUTE!, you do know that you cant eat her now right?? that would be like eating one of your kids.... so she is now a family pet for life!! yay!! ha ha so cute.