Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's a Girl


Well here it is we are having a little girl!! That is the tie breaker for our not so little family. We went girl, boy, girl, boy and now girl. The only concern that i have is that every time we have had a girl Ryan has had some sort of surgery right after the baby was born. First it was his back then when we had Emalee it was his appendix. I am hoping that it will go smoothly for him. Just to let you all in on the story of our little bundle of joy, we didn't tell anyone until i was almost 5 months along. That was mostly due to not feeling well and some problems in the beginning. I had had some bleeding that i thought was not normal so after the second ultrasound because i insisted that there was something wrong they found that i was actually caring twins and was in the process of losing one of them. It sounds weird but i was much relieved that they found the reason for the bleeding. Not so much that i was losing one of them but grateful that i still had at least one. Morning, noon, and night sickness have plagued me for 3 1/2 months i am feeling a lot better and am grateful that Ryan was here to pickup were i couldn't. When we finally told the kids the first thing Emalee said was i have the perfect name for the baby...BAMBEE. I was a little caught of guard by the name and told her that she would probably have to come up with a different name. She agreed after a few days that it was not a cute name. We thankfully got out of that one. We asked the kids if they would like to come with us to the Ultrasound that they all thought that was exciting. Emalee thought that they were going to take the baby out because i told her that she would be able to see the baby. We had to explain that was not the case. She still remembers Nathan and so she also asked if the baby would have to stay in the hospital like he did. I said i hope not. But they said that all looked good and everything is looking great.

This is the little Girl parts!!



Cute little Foot!!





A 3-D Kinda cool. It looks so tiny and scrony the arm is up by the face and you can see the ribs. Not that uncommon for my kids though.

11 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my gosh Valerie I'm SO excited for you! I'm sorry that things have been so hard for you - if I was a better friend I would have been helping you! I hope that everything goes smoothly from here on out and that Ryan doesn't have to have any surgery! :) If you need help with anything, or if the kids can come over and play while you take a nap or have an appointment or something I'd love that!

Matt and Janae said...

Congratulations....how exciting for you guys! I am sorry to hear that the first part has been so rough. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out.

Candria said...

Congratulations! Very exciting! You have such cute kids. Sorry to hear about losing one.... Never an easy thing. My mom actually had the same thing happen to her, and then she got twins the next time around!!

JC Photography said...

Oh my gosh!!! CONGRATS! I can't believe your so far along. Sorry about how much you've been going threw lately, but congrats on your baby girl. That's so cute Emalee thought she'd get to hold the baby. I love how funny little kids can be! Can't wait to meet your new addition and I hope it's smooth sailing for the rest of your pregnancy.

Brian and Krista said...

Oh my heck!! Congrats!! you hid it for a long time!! how exciting! I hope you get over not feeling good. Its hard to be the mom and feel like crap all the time and still have to keep up with everyday stuff.. if you need anything I'm not very far away!!

Fullmer Family said...

Congratulations! At first I was feeling very silly that I was probably the only one who didn't know. I'm glad that you have found out what was going on and hope that the rest of the time goes well. Thank goodness for good husbands!

Chelsea said...

How exciting!! Poor little girl has to deal with a couple older boy cousins...looks like someone better hurry and bring another girl around (NO NOT ME). Tell Em she can name her kid Bambee! She's funny!

hailey !! said...

omg(o my goodness )ahhhhhhhh i am so excited why did kenny not tell me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*. Th3 BoW3n FamiLy.* said...

such an amazing and special thing. I am so happy for you guys and hope that you keep feeling better as the time goes on! I cant wait to meet her!

Hannah said...

Pretty, pretty neat! Yay, another girl!!

Lisa said...

WOW!!! Congratulations! How fun to have another girl! Sorry you've had a hard time...hope it gets better!