Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jarens 2nd Birthday

I can't believe it my baby is 2 years old. How crazy the time goes. Jaren and Emalee started the day with cleaning off the spoons and beaters, from his Chocolate cake that i was making for him. I think that they really enjoyed it.
This is the finished product. It took me a couple of hours to get it done but that is OK. Every now and again I make the kids a birthday cake. Shocking even for me, It was homemade. I was really surprised how well the cake turned out and it was really good. I made sure that i didn't put to much frosting on the cake. I don't like lots of frosting.

For supper we had Hamburger Enchiladas and a green Salad, which i might say were very good. Jaren, Dallin, and Kelley waiting to get to blow out the candle on the cake. I think Kelley blew it out the first time so we lit it again and Jaren was so excited. I think he would have been really OK if we just kept on lighting the candle. We also had a Dairy Queen cake. It was a cookie dough blizzard cake, Ryan picked it out and there was nothing left.


Jaren is finally getting to open the presents. I was kinda surprised that he did it with everyone watching. sometimes he gets shy and won't do it. Thanks everyone for the wonderful gifts. They were all great.

I think this is Jarens FAVORITE TOY, Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Beddes, And Tyler. It is a little hot wheels and it make all kind of noises. Which thinks is wonderful. It make a motorcycle sound like it is revving up, he pushes that button nonstop. I think by the time it was time for bed he was very ready. I hope that Jaren had a Happy Birthday.



3 comments:

JC Photography said...

That cake you made is AMAZING!!!! Wow, I'm super impressed! I thought you bought it. Seriously - is there anything you can't do?

Shannon said...

Happy birthday Jaren! Great job on the cake Val...honestly, it looks like a professional did it, but I suppose you are a professional, eh?!

Annie Allen said...

Freaking Amazing CAKE!!!! Savanna's birthday is coming up in a few weeks- can I pay you to make hers??