Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Father like Son

So here is kinda a funny moment in my life as being a mom. Yesterday for lunch Kenadee made mac and cheese. We gave Jaren his bowl like we always do and left him to eat it. When i came back into the room to clean up the tray i noticed that he had his finger up his nose. With a noodle in the other hand. So i kinda just watched him to see what he was up to and low and behold he was sticking the noodles up his nose. YUCK. I told Ryan to come here and look in his nose. You could see the tip of the noodle. I went and got some tweezers to get it out and in the mean time he had pushed it further up his nose. I was kinda worried what would it do cause an infection or would it just come out on his own??? When using the tweezers it would just break off little parts of the noodle and i wasn't sure how big of a noodle it was? We decided to leave it alone. Later that night i looked again while he was eating supper and you could see a little bit of the noodle but not a lot. Great idea hit me. I had Kenadee get a baby nose sucker. And the whole time we were looking up his nose he just laughed. Shocking i thought that he would have been fighting me. The first time we sucked some of the noodle in parts and pieces came out. Then the second time half the noodle and the kids all jumped back and started screaming and laughing and yelling that is DISGUSTING. He had shoved a whole Noodle up his nose. I guess Jaren is more like his dad than we all thought. When Ryan was little he did the same thing with a PEA. Kathy took him to the doctor to get it out. How funny is that.

4 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

That is SO funny! I'm glad that it wasn't more serious though - I probably would have panicked and taken him to the doctor. :) Also that's so amazing that Dallin is baptized now, good job mom for getting him there!

*. Th3 BoW3n FamiLy.* said...

ha ha ha what a little stinker!! that is pretty funny. That reminds me of when I shoved a pencil eraser up my nose and freaked out cause I thought it was going to go up into my brain... ha ha and dad had to get twizers and dig it outta my nose! ha ha Lucky you huh!! the joys!

Chelsea said...

That's funny! I guess if you didn't get it, eventually it would break down and go down his throat! Maybe he is practicing how to string noodles so one day in grade shool he can do it with spaghetti noodles and gross out all the girls! SICK!

JC Photography said...

That is totally disgusting - but funny!!!! What a kid!